Strategies to find both print and ebooks about your designer in the Library Catalog:
- Try a Subject search for your designer, last name first - ex. Chanel, Coco
- Try a Keyword search, putting quotes around the name - ex. "Christian Dior"
- Try a Subject search for Fashion designers and look for relevant subjects like the country they're from or the term Biography
Remember that you can request print books from other USC campus libraries in the catalog. They usually take 2-3 business days to arrive at Thomas Cooper.
You can also browse the library shelves. Helpful books should generally be located in two areas:
- Level 4 in the TT 504-505 section (Fashion designers)
- Level 2 in the GT 596 section (History of fashion)
Search for books at other SC colleges and universities and request them for free!