- Provides market reports that include information such as brand share, market drivers, consumer behavior, and more.
- Requires creating an account using your university email account
- Search for market research reports by product (i.e. mustard) or product category (i.e. condiments) to find in-depth market research.
- Searching by brand may also find shorter news items.
The Local Market Audience Analyst is provided by SRDS Media Solutions and provides reports to help you understand your target audience, their behaviors and their lifestyles. Types of reports:
- Market Profiles (210 DMAs and over 3,000 counties)
- Lifestyle Analysis (lifestyle behavior)
- Prizm (groupings by lifestyle traits)
To access, go to SRDS Media Solutions (see link below) and click on Local Market Audiences. Using this product does require specific system requirements:
- Only runs with Internet Explorer 5,7,8, or 9. As of now, this will not work with the most current version of Internet Explorer. See the box below to learn about setting IE to emulate a previous version.
- Does not support Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
Local Market Audience Analyst offers 5 video tutorials:
- Overview - 2 minutes
- Using Market Profile Reports - 8 minutes
- Using Lifestyle Analysis Reports - 9 minutes
- Using Demographics Reports - 5 minutes
- Using Prizm Reports - 8 minutes
To interpret the reports, click the small "i" next to each type of report.
Mediamark Reporter (MRI+)
- Contains detailed consumer product usage and media information collected from a national sample of U.S. consumers. Data includes: demographics, lifestyle, product usage and media exposure.
- Requires registration using your university email.
- Only works using the browsers FireFox or Internet Explorer
Search in the databases linked below for your brand, parent company, product (i.e. mustard), and/or product category (i.e. condiments.)
- Try limiting your results to trade publications to find news and trends about your brand/company, product, or product category
- You may also find articles about past and future advertising campaigns for some brands