This text aims to introduce students to the basics of financial accounting. Covering everything from the definitions of accounting and finance to how stocks work, this comprehensive resource includes the full text and exercises, freely available.
"Introduces accounting principles with respect to financial reporting. Demonstrates how decision makers use accounting information for reporting purposes. Focuses on the preparation of accounting information and its use in the operation of organizations, as well as methods of analysis and interpretation of accounting information." (Lumen Learning)
Building on basic knowledge of accounting, this text covers the role of accounting in managerial positions. Study plans are available at the beginning of every chapter, and exercises are available at the end of every chapter.
In addition to providing sources of information about personal finance to students, this text aims to provide a way of thinking about personal finance decision for students which allows them to make more informed decisions about larger and longer aspects of personal finance.
This text aims to define and explain electronic commerce for students and to then show how businesses can adjust to use electronic commerce as an essential part of their actions.
These links will take you directly to the portions of textbook databases that contain materials relevant to your subject. This is not an exhaustive list; we encourage you to investigate the Open Textbooks tab for additional content.
• Aims to drive awareness, adoption, and affordability of open textbooks
• Lists open textbooks, peer reviews, and accessibility reviews
• Focused on the first two years of education at 4-year institutions
• Project of COT Education, a non-profit organization
• Florida's digital repository for instructional resources
• Multiple types of resources including open textbooks
• Can generally be distributed and downloaded freely, so long as credit is given and the works are not altered or used in commercial means
• Repository of textbooks used for Saylor Academy's courses
• Freely available and open for downloading and sharing for the public
• Non-profit organization which offers free and open online courses and resources
MERLOT II is a program of the California State University, in partnership with educational institutions, professional societies, and industries to provide a database of more than 40,000 materials related to a wide variety of subjects. These materials come in a variety of formats, including animations and simulations, assignments and quizzes/tests, case studies and reference materials, and open textbooks, journals, and articles. The intent is for these OER materials to be used by educators and students to enhance the learning experience.
OER Commons is an Open Education resource similar to Merlot II which searches a variety of materials provided by other websites, institutions and societies according to your topic. There are various types of resources including full courses, textbooks, slides, articles, and more. This link will take you to the political science, but you can search for key words or by material type on the home page.