Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have you adjusted your settings to link Google Scholar to the library's journals? It's easy. For University of South Carolina students and faculty, just follow the steps below:
1. Start at: scholar.google.com
2. On the far, upper right-side of the webpage, click on "Settings."
3. On the left sidebar, click on Library links.
4. Type: University of South Carolina - Columbia. Select the correct option and Save.
5. Type: University of South Carolina School of Medicine. Select the correct option and Save.
6. Save your preferences.
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) is a program of studies designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in the United States. The survey is unique in that it combines interviews and physical examinations.
Nutrition.gov provides easy access to the best food and nutrition information from across the federal government. It serves as a gateway to reliable information on nutrition, healthy eating, physical activity, and food safety for consumers.