Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Overview of Mergent Online
Provides global business and financial information. The database includes current and archival U.S. Company data, international data, full text annual reports, SEC filings and historical stock prices. Also includes executive biographies, competitive landscape data, global industry profiles, and equity research reports.
Major advantage: ability to download all information in Word, Excel, or PDF format
- SEC filings that are updated daily
- Current and previous years’ financial statements
- Annual reports
- Company’s organizational structure
- Auditors and auditor’s qualified reports
- Long-term debt
- Capital stock and dividend payment history
Simple interface for quick searching of a company's:
- SEC filings
- Annual reports
- Bond reports
- Equity reports
All reports are available for downloading and printing.
Provides access to 180,000 documents for over 100 countries and industries. Corporate Reports include annual reports, prospectuses, financial statements, annual summaries and more on over 30,000 companies worldwide. The Industry Reports section contains reports that describe the market environment, industry landscape and key market trends for companies, industries, countries and regions.
Basic Searches for Filings in Mergent
3 ways to search for SEC Filings in Mergent:
1. EFFICIENT: Government Filings tab.
2. QUICK (and you know the company): Basic Search tab
Note: The company information page will appear and you can then select the Filings tab.
3. COMBINATION (multiple companies or certain criteria): Advanced Search tab
- Example: search for companies in a specified index (e.g., Fortune 500, NASDAQ, etc.) or by auditor
Searching within SEC Filings is best from the GOVERNMENT FILINGS tab search screen
Use the "Text Search" in the Company Search box to search within all EDGAR Documents; can also combine with other search specifications
Example: The search below would result in 10-K Filings with the words "qualified opinion" in the last 12 months