Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Business Librarian
- Email us with your questions and we will respond promptly.
- In person--stop by the Business Library Services Desk or make an appointment
Specialized Research Consultations
Research consultations offer assistance tailored to individual research needs.
Examples of what consultations can help with:
- selecting the best resources for your research area/assignment
- accessing and navigating electronic resources
- developing search strategies
- discovering and locating primary source materials
- searching the web for relevant and reliable information
To schedule, contact Jean Clenney (803.777.6032) or the Business Library.
Evaluating Online Resources
Online resources are often used when researching, but one should be careful in evaluating the information provided.
Below are some criteria to consider before including information from an online source in your research.
- Is it clear who is responsible for the pages (a person, organization, corporation, etc.)?
- What are the author's qualifications for writing about this subject? Consider education, experience, title, etc.
- Is the information free of grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors? These kinds of errors indicate a lack of quality control.
- Can you verify the information in another source? Is this information cited by others?
- Are any biases clearly stated? Is their any incentive for bias (e.g., one political party writing about the opposing political party)?
- Is there advertising on the page? If so, is it clearly differentiated from the informational content?
- When was the page written or revised?
- Are there any other indications that the material is updated?
- Does it give too little or too much information?
- Is it clear the page has been completed, or is it still under construction?
PASCAL Delivers With a couple of clicks, search for and request books from other SC academic libraries.
PASCAL Delivers is a rapid book delivery service for students, faculty, and staff at South Carolina colleges and universities. With PASCAL Delivers you can search library holdings of colleges and universities across the state of South Carolina.
1. Click on this button when you see it in the Catalog.
If you are looking at search results, your search will be repeated in the PASCAL Delivers catalog.
If you are looking at a single item, you will be able to see which PASCAL Delivers libraries own that item.
Paging allows you to request a book to be held at the Circulation desk of any of University Libraries so that you can pick it up quickly.
1. Search Catalog for item
2. Select REQUEST
3. Login with your LAST NAME and CAROLINA CARD BARCODE
4. Select LOCATION for the library you would like it delivered