Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A change is coming to library search in June 2020. As part of a statewide initiative, UofSC Libraries is adopting the Alma library services platform and accompanying Primo discovery solution, software in use by more than 1,000 academic libraries around the globe.
What does this mean for faculty and students?
- You will still have access to the same resources. Those won’t change. But…
- It will be easier to find the resources you need, including materials from academic libraries around the state.
- There will be a temporary freeze on ordering beginning February 15, 2020. We will not be able to acquire new materials while we transition systems. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. At this time, we anticipate that ordering will resume in early June.
Why are we doing this?
- Most importantly, we believe this project is an opportunity to provide better service to all of you, our patrons.
- The migration is a joint project of the Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries (PASCAL), supported by lottery funds. A single, shared system presents substantial cost-saving and unmatched opportunities for collaboration among PASCAL institutions.
- Alma offers greatly improved functionality for Libraries staff.
- The software we are using today has not been actively developed in more than a decade. For this reason alone, we must change course.
Questions? Email Heather Heckman.