Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Check the ILL Express! band on the front of your borrowed item. If it does not say NO RENEWALS, a renewal may be requested using ILL Express!.
The final decision on granting a renewal rests with the lending library and only one renewal per item is allowed. Keep in mind that the system will not allow you to renew an item until five days or less before the original due date.
To renew an item:
- Logon to ILL Express! using your username and password.
- On the Main Menu, scroll down to the View area. Click on the Checked Out Items button to display everything checked out to your username.
- Select the item that you wish to renew by clicking on the transaction number button. You will then see detailed information about that request.
- If renewals are allowed for an item, there will be a clickable link, Renew Request, at the top of the page. Click on this link. If renewals are not allowed, please return the book to the Interlibrary Loan Department as soon as possible to prevent receiving overdue letters and fines.
- After renewing a request, you will be notified that "This item has been renewed for another 2 weeks. There can be no further renewals."
- Once the item has been renewed, the due date will automatically reflect the two week renewal.
- To return to your checked out items list click on the Checked Out Items button, on the left-side menu, where you may view/renew other items checked out to your username.