Laptop Loan Policy and Agreement
- Borrowers agree to this policy at the time of request and booking.
- Only one laptop can be checked out per account. Users are not allowed to check out equipment for another account. If circumstances require a representative to pick up the equipment for the borrowing patron, then the borrowing patron must have manager approval in advance.
- Only current faculty, staff, and students may check out equipment from LibraryTechnology Lounge.
- Patrons must have a valid library account in good standing.
Laptops are for a loan period of 7 days for faculty, students, and staff. No Renewals.
- The Thomas Cooper Library cannot guarantee that a laptop will be available. There will be a three (3) day holding period for maintenance.
- Laptops and chargers must be returned to the Technology Lounge staff during the Technology Lounge Help Desk operating hours. If kits are returned to any other location, a fine of $60.00 will be charged to you.
Fines and Damages
- A $15.00 late fee will be assessed for each day, or portion thereof, that equipment is returned late. Note: you must turn the equipment to a Help Desk Lab Consultant during Technology Lounge Help Desk operating hours. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- If the overdue fee is in error and the device was overdue by less than 30 days, an appeal may be submitted by the borrower. One extension for up to an additional 7 days may be approved if the manager is contacted, but only if the device borrowed does not have another booking during that period. Fees for devices held for 30+ days will be not be waived unless the borrower provides documentation or sets up a meeting with the manager to discuss the issue.
- The working condition of the equipment will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the equipment during their borrowing period.
- Replacement and damage charges will be assessed based on the actual replacement and repair costs of relevant equipment. If equipment is two weeks overdue, it will be considered lost or stolen. The borrower will be charged for replacement cost and a Banner block will be placed on the associated account. Patron information may be turned over to USC police to aid in recovery.
- Please ensure that all media/data is erased from the device before returning.
- The library is not responsible for any media/data left on SD cards or in internal storage.