Bloomberg L.P. is a financial news service that provides financial news and data to companies and organizations in virtually every country in the world. Business professionals can monitor and analyze real-time financial market data, as well as place trades and review historical trading data.
Bloomberg has data on more than 5 million bonds, equities, commodities, currencies & funds. It covers most every publicly traded company in the world, and has profiles on more than a million people.
Bloomberg Professional software is often referred to as the Bloomberg terminal because originally Bloomberg only provided their software with the hardware components.
To Get Started--Logging into Bloomberg:
Double click the Bloomberg icon on the desktop, then press Enter or <GO> to begin. The login credentials you need to use are located on the paper to the right of the Bloomberg terminal.
General login information is found on the sheet by the Bloomberg terminal.
TO CREATE A STUDENT ACCOUNT
Students may create individual logins that will allow you to save your work and to email yourself directly from Bloomberg. To create a student account, follow these steps:
1. Double click on the Bloomberg icon on the desktop screen to start the Bloomberg Professional software, and then press the Red DELETE key.
2. Select Create a New Login on the Bloomberg homescreen (below the general login box).
3. Answer NO when it asks if you are a Bloomberg client.
4. Enter your contact information. You must use your USC email address in order for your account to be approved.
5. After receiving your confirmation email or SMS text, enter the number provided in the email or text in the appropriate area on the Bloomberg screen.
*Once your individual login is activated, use it each time you use the Bloomberg terminal instead of the general login information.
Try this handout for a concise list of functions available on the Bloomberg terminal.
Thomas Cooper has 3 bloomberg terminals in the Cooper Tech Lounge on level 5.
DMSB has 10 bloomberg terminals in the Trading Room located on the main level. (the room with the ticker) Each station has a bloomberg keyboard at the station.